Think About Chapstick

As I rip little pieces of skin off my lips with my teeth, I think about Chapstick.

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

US Postal Service Complaint

I found out the US Postal Service will not deliver mail if a car is parked near your mailbox. A US Postal worker confirmed this rule for me today. This sucks when your street does not have "No Parking" signs and the PGA Tour is occuring 1 block away. The postal worker said I could pick up my mail between the generous hours of 9AM and 5PM. Which is great, because Melissa and I both work from 8:30AM to 5:30PM.

Melissa is currently on the kitchen floor making a big sign that says "Please don't park here we need our mail". She intends to duct tape it to the street.

2 Comments:

At 10:34 PM, Blogger Canadian Loonie said...

That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard of. Hope thinks worked out okay. USPS sucks sometimes. Had to deal with them for 4 months while hiking the Appalachian trail. I pick my lips too while dreaming of chapstick.

 
At 7:20 PM, Blogger Eric Jacobson said...

Canadian Loonie,

Thanks for your empathy.

Melissa's sign did not work. In fact, someone parked over it. Melissa put the sign on the guy's windshield to make a statement. But 5 minutes later, she removed the sign out of guilt. Oh well.

About the AT... I assume you're still hiking it. Has it gotten boring? I love a good hike as much as the next guy (or gal), and I've hiked various day-trip sections of the AT in Georgia and North Carolina. But the first thing that always pops into my head when I think about the AT is, how boring would it get after the first several days? Don't get me wrong, I totally admire your goal, I'm just curious. Bored yet?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home