Think About Chapstick

As I rip little pieces of skin off my lips with my teeth, I think about Chapstick.

Saturday, January 09, 2010

Why Do Swear Words Exist?

Why do we have swear words? All we have to do is stop preventing people from using them. They will disappear in an instant.

Stay with me...

The only reason I can't say "F*@! Off" on TV is because some parent out there does not want their child to hear the "F word" or someone is offended by hearing the word. Why? Because it is a bad word and children should not use it. What is bad about it?

Which phrase is worse?

"That's f@!king beautiful!" or "I'm going to whack you in the head with this 2 X 4!"?

The second one, dumb dumb. It should be about meaning.

If we must have bad words for some reason, they should be words that are actually bad, like "rape". To me, "rape" is a horrible word. It describes arguably the most violent of acts. Why can we say "rape" if we can't say "sh!t"?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home